Foot and Ankle Surgery Center of ExcellenceAt the Foot and Ankle Surgery Center of Excellence, our goal is educate our patients and make sure they have all the information they need to fully understand their procedure. Take a look at our foot pain FAQ and if you still have questions contact us directly. You can call our office at 888.225.0763 or reach us by email.


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are the most common places for people to experience foot pain?

A: Pain can occur almost anywhere on the foot. Some of the most common types include ball of foot pain, arch pain, ankle pain, heel pain, side of foot pain, top of foot pain, bottom of foot pain, and toe pain.

Q: What types of foot surgery does the Foot and Ankle Surgery Center of Excellence do?

A: We specialize in tarsal tunnel release, plantar fasciitis surgery, bunion surgery, broken ankle surgery, hammertoe surgery, and Achilles tendon tear repair, morton’s neuroma surgery and cosmetic foot surgery.

Q: What are the most common causes of foot pain?

A: The causes of foot pain vary depending on what part of the foot is affected.  Some of the most frequent of these include:

Q: What is the difference between an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle pain and a podiatrist? 

A: A podiatrist is a doctor who focuses exclusively on the foot and ankle, while an orthopedic surgeon is someone who works with the entire musculoskeletal system with a focus on feet and ankles.

Q: What are the basic parts that make up the foot?

A: The foot has three general sections. These include the forefoot, the midfoot, and the hindfoot. Altogether there are 26 bones, 20 joints, and 2 sesamoids in the foot.

Q: What is a stress fracture and how does it occur?

A: The term stress fracture refers to small cracks in the bones of the foot. They are often caused by a change in footwear, a change in walking surface, or an increased level or duration of physical activity. Stress fractures can sometimes be difficult to locate and diagnose.

Q: What is an ankle sprain?

A: The term ankle sprain refers to an injury that results in a tear in the lateral ankle ligaments, the tibia, or the fibula. Ankle sprains are common among active individuals and athletes. They can occur in different parts of the ankle, including the inside, outside, and upper part of the ankle.

Q: What are bunions and do I need to get them treated?

A: Bunions are areas of swollen tissue hat develop at the joint of the big toe. Left untreated bunions, can cause more serious foot deformations. Women are more likely than men to develop bunions due to the shape of high-heeled or narrow shoes. Bunion surgery involves removing the bony bump on the joint.

Q: Who should I contact if I experience chronic foot pain?

A: The best way to deal with chronic foot pain is to contact a foot pain specialist, such as the podiatrists at the Foot and Ankle Surgery Center of Excellence. To diagnose your condition, your doctor may use a combination of medical history, physical examination, and imagine tests.

Contact a Los Angeles Foot Doctor

Do you suffer from chronic or severe foot pain? Our podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons at the Foot and Ankle Surgery Center of Excellence are leaders in the field of foot pain treatment. Don’t hesitate to contact our office to set up your appointment. You can call at 888.225.0763 or send us an email.

Next, read reviews from our happy patients.